Persia or otherwise known as, The Persian Empire were imperialistic dynasties in what was originally called Persia and is now known as Iran. This was first established by Cyrus the Great in 550 BC and there was the Persian Conquest of Media, Lydia, and Babylonia. There was an interruption later on with the dynasties when Islamic conquest in 651 AD came about and then later, the Mongol invasion to Eastern Europe. The known and main religion in ancient Persia was Zoroastrianism. After the 7th century, it was replaced by Islam and then in the modern era, more then one Islamic dynasties soon ruled Persia independently of their caliphate. Then since 1979, Persia (today Iran) was known as one of the Islamic republics.
List of dynasties
- Median Empire (728-549 BC)
- Achaemenid Empire (550–330 BC)
- Parthian Empire (247 BC–224 AD, also called the "Arsacid Empire"
- Sasanian Empire (224–651), also called the "Neo-Persian Empire"
- Safavid dynasty (1501–1736)
- Afsharid dynasty (1736–1796)
- Zand dynasty (1750–1794)
- Qajar dynasty (1785–1925)
- Pahlavi dynasty (1925–1979)